About KidScape Productions
KidScape Productions is a professional acting program for ages 3 and up; some of our opportunities include: Improvisation, Scene Study, Performances, On Camera Workshops and Events. Students are learning from a curriculum created at Juilliard in NYC and Yale School of Drama in CT. They strengthen important skills such as Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Presentation Skills. To see current classes, please click here. To bring KidScape to your school or organization click here. If you have any further questions feel free to call us at (775) 787-3900 or email info@KidScapeProduction.com People who are confident and articulate are better equipped to develop successful relationships throughout their life. KidScape Productions teaches students to develop these skills and equip them to make the most of the process. Happiness equals success. Success in school, success in family, success in business and success in personal relationships. It all starts here! KidScape Productions uses speech, movement, improvisation, character and plot development as well as various other dramatic techniques to teach students acting, communication, verbal and social skills, while instilling in them a love and understanding of the elements of drama. KidScape Productions is created to allow students to succeed at all levels, our curriculum allows students to take risks by providing opportunities to learn rather than to win or lose. There is no better way to enhance a student’s self-confidence than to allow them to do something they love and give them the tools to help them do it well. KidScape Productions differs from traditional theatre classes/programs because our focus is on THE EXPERIENCE OF THE PARTICIPANT rather then the preparation for a performance. Adventures into the world of acting give participants the opportunity to take control of their actions and develop necessary skills in a safe and stimulating environment. The positive effects of KidScape does not end with the students who attend our events, our continued focus on the community at large provides many opportunities for anyone who wants to be involved in our program! Local community organizations, schools, fund raisers and city programs are welcome to utilize our database and adjust our outline to meet their specific needs. Ongoing participation in KidScape’s workshops/events help build confident, articulate people while creating a sense of belonging in the community. Above all, KidScape Productions workshops are fast paced and fun! Adults love it because it instills necessary skills to succeed in today’s world; participants love it because it’s JUST PLAIN FUN! Remember, we specialize in customizing programs to fit the needs of your school or organization. For more information call (775) 787-3900.
Our Vision and Mission
KidScape Productions (kSp) BEST exists to support the following vision, mission and values statements:
kSp's BEST VISION STATEMENT
People learn best through "play" and need a safe place to be able to experience actions and consequences. A confident articulate person has the ability to exceed in all areas of life. Engaging, hands-on activities help with Social Discipline and instill team work skills.
kSp's BEST MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of kSp's BEST is to provide a safe and supervised environment for participants to learn life skills which will help them not only with their future educational experience, but will give them the necessary strengths to succeed throughout their entire lives.
kSp's BEST VALUES STATEMENTS (Guiding Principles)
1. Nothing we do is as important as the effect it has on the participant. 2. Engaging activities develop values, skills and relationships. Activities are not seen as ends in themselves, but as vehicles for creating values, building skills and solidifying peer and adult relationships. An engaging activity is one that holds participants' attention, awakens their imagination, gives them a voice and inspires them to want to learn more. 3. Everyone has the right to be accepted, respected and valued by others. No matter the age, participants are viewed as individuals to be developed, not problems to be solved. 4. All ages should be involved in decision-making and program design. If participants get to choose how, when, in what and with whom to be engaged, they are far more likely to enjoy themselves and behave cooperatively. 5. When we listen for understanding, everyone learns - regardless of age. We are constantly able to learn from our children as well as our elders. Everyone is a learner.
Weekly ongoing classes will help participants with:
- Understanding daily expressions
- Social Interaction
- Verbal Communication
- Higher order thinking and concentration
- Problem solving abilities
- Team work
- Increased self confidence and self esteem
- Strong presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive approach to life
- Self Respect
- Arts Education Facts
Arts Education Facts
Taken from: http://www.americansforthearts.org Did You Know: Young people who participate in the arts for at least three hours on three days each week through at least one full year are:
- 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- 3 times more likely to be elected to class office within their schools
- 4 times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
- 3 times more likely to win an award for school attendance
- 4 times more likely to win an award for writing an essay or poem
Young artists, as compared with their peers, are likely to:
- Attend music, art, and dance classes nearly three times as frequently
- Participate in youth groups nearly four times as frequently
- Read for pleasure nearly twice as often
- Perform community service more than four times as often
The facts are that arts education...
- Makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has been proven to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries
- Has a measurable impact on at-risk youth in deterring delinquent behavior and truancy problems while also increasing overall academic performance among those youth engaged in afterschool and summer arts programs targeted toward delinquency prevention
Businesses understand that arts education...
- Builds a school climate of high expectation, discipline, and academic rigor
- Strengthens student problem-solving and critical thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success
- Helps students develop a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal-setting—skills needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond
- Can help troubled youth, providing an alternative to destructive behavior and another way for students to approach learning
- Provides another opportunity for parental, community, and business involvement with schools, including arts and humanities organizations
- Helps all students develop more appreciation and understanding of the world around them
- Helps students develop a positive approach to life