Prerequisite: Must be able to read, smile and like having fun while learning!
Jump in, make new friends while learning skills that work on and off the stage. This camp is a perfect experience for the beginning to advanced actor and offers campers the opportunity to work on lead roles in small groups. The week will present the opportunity for campers to manage costumes, props, sets and makeup on their own! Campers will have the opportunity to work on new or trending material such as Peter Pan, Beauty and then Beast, White Rabbit Red Rabbit, Neverland, Harry Hotter, Disney’s High school musical, Humor Games, Grease and more! Music and movement may be included in select one-act plays! Ends in a free community performance on the final day!
Some of the skills learned through acting, improvisation and role play include: verbal/non verbal communication skills, creative thinking & problem solving, emotional understanding and regulation, empathy & compassion, quality & carry through, motivation & commitment, collaboration & teamwork, independent thinkers, time management skills, initiative, active listening, adaptability & flexibility, ability to work under pressure & flexibility, personal discipline, leadership, forward thinking, fun and OH OH SO MUCH MORE!
- Get hands on with sets, props, costumes and makeup while studying a lead role.
- Professional memorization techniques.
- Understand/ learn the power of verbal tonality and non-verbal body language.
- Speech development.
- Practice professional memorization techniques.
- Break down a scene, identify objectives.
- Develop a character and through line.
- Acting and reacting truthfully in the moment.
- Create environment and learn to work with props.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Performance strategies and skills of the stage.